Wednesday 21 February 2018

Why I stopped blogging.

When I started this blog I was in a gap year, trying to figure out myself and what I wanted to do with life. I love writing and I love photography so starting a blog seemed like a really fun adventure. I was writing about anything that came to mind - hair, makeup, skin care, food, exercise, and life in general. Gosh, I loved it.

My blog started to gain a small following. Brands and causes started reaching out to me for partnership posts. It was really cool getting sent trial items that I could share my honest opinion about, or work with causes I was really passionate for. 

When I moved to Ottawa and started the photography program, my life switched to fully online. All my photos were uploaded to my website, all my marketing was online, all my clients found me and contacted me online. My blog was discovered by people in my personal life and for some reason that made me indescribably uncomfortable. 

I was conscious that every post I uploaded would potentially be viewed by my friends and family. The potential for judgement was crippling.

Maybe if I didn't want my blog to be discovered I shouldn't have listed it by my name, huh? Hindsight is always 20/20. 
I've missed blogging. I find myself missing explaining my makeup routine in the morning and remembering the days I took pride in my outfits. 

I'm not promising regular posts, because I truly can't. My life is hectic and my job is unpredictable. However, I will be posting, I will be sharing, and I will be back. 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment