Wednesday 31 August 2016

Discovering Colour | Haul

I wear a lot of black.

This is common knowledge to anyone who knows me- I love to wear black. It's an easy colour to wear. Black on black always matches.

My monochrome wardrobe never bothered me until others started pointing out that I have a serious aversion to colour. What really struck me was when my cousin said to me, "I've never met someone who loved the world as much as you and who notices all the colours of the Earth. Yet, you dress like you hate life."

My thought process is usually about as deep as a kiddie pool- I don't tend to read too much into things. For some reason though, this comment has been weighing on my mind since he said it to me back in June!

Alas, I have been dedicating the majority of my textile purchases this summer to items that are a touch more colourful. This is a collective haul over a couple months and from a few different stores. To be honest, I think the majority is still black... but hey; I'm trying!

Forever 21
Winners
H&M
Ricki's
Joe Fresh
Sears
Boathouse
Nothing completes a haul like some new Vans! I'm really trying with this whole 'more colour' thing- we'll see how it goes I suppose! Hope you all are enjoying the last shred of summer and are looking forward to returning to school!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment