Friday 1 April 2016

Hello, It's Me | Personal

I did a thing guys... something I never in a million years thought I would ever do. I posed in my bra and panties for my friends photoshoot. 

Yes, you read that right.
Like most women, I struggle with body confidence. Ever since I was about fifteen I have felt a lot of shame when it comes to my body. Every morning when I'm getting dressed I have the conscious thought that I need to hide my stomach, try to make my boobs look bigger, and cover my upper arms. I don't have that perfect model body and that's something I've always resented about myself.
I gave up for quite some time and gained a whole bunch of weight. I was really lazy, unhealthy, and unhappy. 

About two years ago I decided I wanted to take my health seriously and start eating well and being active. I did lose weight, however I was still really unhappy with my appearance; wearing pants and sweaters when everyone else was wearing shorts and t-shirts. 
I've been taking it upon myself to practice self love these past few months. One of my goals for 2016 is to learn to love my body. I feel as though I am well on my way with that, although I still have a long way to go. 
So back to this photoshoot...
My friend Kymrie is absolutely wonderful and an amazing person so when she came to me with her idea for an aesthetically evaluative photoshoot, I knew that if I was going to do this for anyone it would be her. She showed me her inspiration board on Pinterest and I was so on board. The photos were stunning! 

When it got to the day of the shoot I had a pit in my stomach and goosebumps all over my body. It took a lot of coaxing to get my clothes off but eventually I felt comfortable enough around the people who were there to do it. 

It was so freeing. 

Looking at the photos now I'm so happy that I was brave enough to model for this photoshoot. When I look at the photos I'm so astounded by how great they look... AND THEY'RE ME! I'm still so dumbfounded by how amazing the experience was.
Body image is such a common struggle for everyone. I think taking the time to appreciate your body for what it is is so important. I feel like no one is ever 100% satisfied with their appearance. Taking the time to appreciate who you are and what you look like is important. You have one life and one body so you may as well learn to love it!
PLEASE BE NICE! NO MEAN COMMENTS!

How do you practice self love? If you have any tips for learning to love your body please do leave a comment!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment