Tuesday 19 April 2016

First Year Finished | Recap

I seriously can't believe that my first year of photography at Algonquin College is over. Yesterday was my final interview discussing my first year portfolio. It was a presentation in front of five of my first year professors. 

I was SO nervous! It's one thing to display your work, it's a whole other thing to have to defend it. But, nevertheless, it went very well! My teachers gave me lovely feedback that I will definitely be applying going forward. 

Today I'm going to share with you the eight photographs I chose to display in my first year final portfolio. First year is very tech-oriented and with that comes strict guidelines about what has to appear in our final portfolio. We had to include, in this order:

1. Commercial Advertisement or Interior Architecture
2. Glassware
3. Metal/Chrome
4. Self-Directed Commercial Image
5. Consumer Portrait or Environmental Portrait
6. High Key Portrait
7. Low Key Portrait
8. Self-Directed Portrait
Commercial Advertisement
Glassware
Metal/Chrome
Self-Directed Commercial Image
Consumer Portrait
Model: Jameson
Low Key Portrait
Model: Paul
High Key Portrait
Model: Kendall
Self-Directed Portrait Image
Model: Spencer

Looking at these photos makes me so proud- I took these! I learned so much over these past eight months here at Algonquin and I will treasure every bit of knowledge and memory that I have made. 

Good luck to all of you who are going through final exams- you're going to rock it! If you have any questions about photography or college/university in general please do leave it in a comment!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment