Sunday 31 January 2016

41. Hobbies | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

Spending time alone is something I do quite often now that I'm so busy with school- I'm always studying or working on assignments! My hobbies have become a safe haven of sorts. Doing something I enjoy and am passionate about in between study periods is like seeking refuge in a rain storm.
I have quite a few hobbies, mostly artistic in nature, that I rely on for peace of mind. Painting, writing, knitting, and reading are the four hobbies I fall back on more often than not. I love creating new pieces of art and losing myself in a picture, or a poem, or a pattern. I also love to dive head first into the written word of another human to experience life through different eyes. 
Another one of my hobbies is this blog. I don't write for money or followers; I write for myself, because I love it. If other people enjoy it too that's just the icing on the cake! Some of you may have noticed that I took a break this past week from posting on this blog. Unfortunately there were some unfortunate circumstances in my personal life that made it very difficult to sit and write a post. Things have worked themselves out for the most part (which I'm most grateful for) and it feels great to be sitting here writing these words to share with anyone who chooses to read them. 

My hobbies are something I'm very grateful for. Anything that can bring me just a second of bliss is worth taking the time for in my opinion. Do you have any hobbies? What are they and how often do you make time for them?

Thanks for reading & check back next time to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment