Tuesday 8 December 2015

Day 8: The Christmas Tag | Blogmas

I saw this Christmas tag over on Lotte's blog, The Beauty Box and immediately added it to my list of Blogmas post ideas! So without further adieu, here is my Christmas Tag questions answered!

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
My favourite Christmas film(s) would probably have to be the old, poorly animated versions of The Grinch, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and Rudolph. I know that's more than one, but we have the very old versions that are only 20 minutes each and every Christmas season my family watches them together back to back!

2. Do you open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
We do both, Mom's side Christmas Eve, immediate family on Christmas Day, and Dad's side is usually on Boxing Day.

3. What is your favourite Christmas memory?
My grandparents always wanted to be included in seeing us open our stockings. Instead of opening our gifts from Santa on Christmas morning, my cousins and I would all go for a walk after Christmas Eve dinner for about an hour while "santa" came to us and when we got back we would open our stockings all together. I loved being able to share this experience with my entire family and I cherish those memories fondly

4. What is your favourite festive food?
Probably sugar cookies. I'm not typically a huge sugary sweet fan, however there's something about sugar cookies that makes me want them by the handful!

5. What is your favourite Christmas gift that you've ever received?
Hmm- that's a super hard question! It's nothing crazy, but every year my mom and dad buy me a new pair of Christmas pyjamas and I always look forward to them so much! It's the little, thoughtful things for me haha. 

6. What is your favourite Christmas scent?
Definitely Yankee Candle Vanilla Cupcake! It's absolutely to die for! A close second would be the Twisted Peppermint candle from Bath and Body works.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
I do! I touched on it briefly in question 3. Christmas Eve is definitely my big, crazy Christmas where all my family gets together, eats amazing food, laughs, and exchanges all our gifts. It's such an amazing night!

8. What tops your tree?
Here at the apartment in Ottawa, nothing... haha. My roommates and I completely overlooked that aspect of decorating (we're newbies, okay?) Back home our tree is topped by a spire/finial. 

9. What is your favourite festive song?
Definitely O Holy Night, it's such a beautiful song! Check out my Spotify holiday playlist post!

10. What is the best part of Christmas for you?
Definitely seeing all my family. This has always been the case as I'm a huge family person, but now that I'm living away from home it's that much more exciting and important for me to see them and share the fellowship of Christmas with the ones I love. 

I'd love to see everyone do this tag- so consider yourself tagged! If you do this, let me know in a comment so I can check it out.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment