Wednesday 2 December 2015

Day 2: Our Christmas Tree on a College Budget | Blogmas

I have to say that upon moving out I was most excited to be able to decorate my new place. To make the apartment a little more festive, my roommates and I decided that we would all pitch in to buy a Christmas tree and some decorations! They trusted me to be the fearless leader so I set out to Michaels to pick up the goods! I went during their Christmas tree sale and picked us up a pre-lit 4ft tree for only $30. I then used a coupon I got emailed to me from Michaels for 25% off any purchase to pick us out some cute little balls. I got a multi pack of gold and silver balls as well as a 4 pack of beautifully frosted winter scape balls. And of course, no tree is complete without some candy canes! The tree in total cost each of us just $22.75. We had an absolute blast decorating our tree and it has really put us into a festive mood- we all can't wait to be home with our families for the holidays!
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Do you prefer a simple tree like ours or something more over the top? Please do let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment