Tuesday 29 December 2015

Christmas Re-cap | Photo Diary

Every Christmas is amazing, but this year happened to be one of the most pleasant Christmases that we've had thus far as a family. On Christmas Eve we went to my aunts house to celebrate with my Mom's side, Christmas Day was at our house with my Dad's side, and Boxing Day was a pyjama, brunch and board games day with just the four of us of my family. I hope you enjoy this photo diary from my Christmas 2015!

Christmas Eve


The dinner we feast on for Christmas Eve isn't your traditional Christmas dinner- instead my mom makes a huge pot of seafood Alfredo to serve over homemade fettuccine. The photo above is the "adult" table, however they happened to be a touch more rowdy than the eight of us who were at the "kids" table in the kitchen haha. 





Capturing people laughing is one of my favourite things to photograph! My cousin Ben and his girlfriend Ali always look great in photos and they're a beautiful couple. The two elderly ladies are my Great Grandma (97 years old) and my Great Aunt Marlene. They are such kind and gentle women and they still look so youthful despite their ages! My cousin Ashleigh and her husband welcomed their son, Tate, to the world seventeen months ago and he has been such a joy all year round, but especially at Christmas. We haven't had a young child for a Christmas in quite some time! He got so many toys but his favourite gift was the nut cracker that our Opa gifted to him. The photo of my Aunt Ursula laughing has to be one of my favourites! She's such a beautiful and gracious woman with an amazing smile and laugh. I'm so happy that I got to capture this moment for all eternity.
For Christmas Even I wore this stunning maroon dress from Dynamite with diamond solitaire pendant on a gold chain. 
Christmas Day
For makeup on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I just used my go-to makeup that I wear everyday- 1. Revlon wake me up concealer in 230 on my face 2. Revlon wake me up concealer in 125 under my eyes 3. NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation 4. Revlon blush in ooh baby pink 5. Revlon brow fantasy in brunette 6. Baby lips dr. rescue 7. Covergirl lash blast volume (not pictured) in black. For my hair I wanted to try out my new NuMe tools that I got myself for Christmas! On Christmas Eve I did curls with the straightener and on Christmas Day I curled my hair using the wand. I don't have a single bad thing to say about these tools! Let me know if you guys would like a review on them.
Santa was very good to me! Some of the things he brought me included two pairs of PJs, a cook book, and a colouring book! My outfit for the day was a black high waisted flared skater skirt from Urban Planet and a deep red knit t-shirt from Dynamite. I loved capturing the reactions of my family opening their gifts- such surprise and excitement and joy!
After opening presents and enjoying each other's company for a few hours, six o'clock brought dinner time. We feasted on turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, carrots, green beans, and gravy. For dessert we had an array of cookies as well as my Grandmas homemade pies (cheery cheesecake, pumpkin, and banana cream). 

This Christmas was such an amazing time with all my family. I couldn't have asked for better people to spend the holidays with and I feel so incredibly blessed. I hope you all had such a wonderful Christmas! What did you get up to? Please do let me know in a comment!

This Christmas recap marks my last blog post of 2015. It's been such an amazing year- I started my blog in April of 2015 and I'm still loving writing it just as much! Thank you all for your support, from page views to comments and so on. I love being part of this wonderful blogging community and I can't wait to continue writing this blog well into the New Year. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas (if you celebrate) and I wish you all the happiest of New Years!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment