Tuesday 15 December 2015

15. Holiday Morning Routine + Updated Workout! | Blogmas

Now that school is out and I'm finished with work, I've got four more days completely to myself until I fly home. I've been really enjoying having mornings to myself to relax and take my time starting the day as mornings really are my favourite time of day! If every day could be Sunday morning I'd be in heaven. 

In the spirit of the holidays and blogmas, I thought I'd share with you my chilled out, holiday, no rush, no fuss, morning routine! 
I've been waking up naturally- no alarm- around 7:30am. Instead of getting up straight away, I've been spending some time in the morning reading The Fault In Our Stars (for about the eighth time) in my bed until around 8:15am or so. By this time getting out of bed is a MUST as my bladder will be screaming haha. Once I void my bladder, I fill up my water bottle and do a little 15-20 minute workout. 
For my workout as of late I've been doing:
100 high knees
25 jumping jacks
20 leg kicks
20 standing knee to elbow crunches
15 squats
50 mountain climbers
10/side fire hydrant donkey kicks
10 pushups
10/side one leg raise with crunch
5 pilates roll ups
Repeat entire circuit x3
Sun salutation
Big stretch
Once my workout is complete, I will wash my face, brush my teeth, and put my water on the stove to boil for a cup of cinnamon tea. My makeup takes no time at all, so once that's done my water will be boiling to make my cinnamon tea. I then take my tea into my bedroom and sip it whilst I do my hair and get dressed. Hair wise, I've been doing one of two things: curls with my straightener (which you can see how I do in my holiday hair post) or dutch braids!
By the time I'm all ready for the day it's about 9:45am-10:00am; time to prepare some breakfast! Like always, I make a bowl of oatmeal with raw cacao and cinnamon, topped with a dollop of greek yogurt. Whilst I eat my oatmeal I will write in my journal and spend some time with my Bible. This morning I read through Thessalonians 1 and 2. 
After breakfast I have been enjoying going for a little stroll around my neighbourhood (still bitter about not having snow in December!) as well as writing blog posts and catching up on social media until lunch time!

I hope you all enjoyed my very relaxed, holiday morning routine! What is your favourite thing to do on a morning when you're not rushed? Please do let me know in a comment!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment