Saturday 12 December 2015

12. Forcing That Festive Feeling | Blogmas

Yesterday marked the last day of school and the first day of full swing festivities! Up to this point I have definitely been looking forward to Christmas, but I haven't been Christmas crazy, like I usually am, by any means. I decided I would create a cozy, festive night in last night to help get me into the holiday spirit. I wanted to share what I did to force myself into feeling festive!
I started the evening by lighting some festive candles- I lit a peppermint candle and a cinnamon candle. Guys my place smelled amazing! Like a Christmas sweet shop. I threw on some festive PJ's, cooked my dinner and ate it whilst listening to my Spotify Christmas Playlist. 
Sugar cookies are my all time favourite Christmas dessert so I baked some oatmeal chocolate chip sugar cookies, made a cup of hot chocolate and snuggled myself into my cozy flannel blanket to binge watch some Christmas films! Some of the ones I watched are Holiday Inn, Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original short of course), Charlie Brown's Christmas, Love Actually, and Elf!
I ended the evening with my Bible, reading a bit of Matthew from the New Testament. 

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my festive night in! I really do feel quite a bit more Christmas spirit- I'm super excited to head home and celebrate the holidays with my family! What sorts of things do you do that put you in the festive spirit? Do let me know in a comment!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment