Friday 20 November 2015

Revlon Nail Enamel | Product Review

I'm one of those gals who can not stand having bare nails- I feel so naked without my nails painted! Finding a good quality nail polish that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is quite the task now a days! It seems like you can't have it all; quick drying, long lasting, good colour pay off. But alas, I have found my favourite nail enamel brand! Turns out it was right under my nose all this time. Coming in at roughly six dollars a bottle, my favourite nail polish lately has been Revlon. 
Left to Right: 905 Sophisticated, 705 Gray Suede, 471 Fashionista, 495 Sultry, 211 Charming, 161 Teak Rose, 580 Eclectic, 571 Post, 912 Pink Posh, 715 Privileged, 902 Craving Coral, 950 Top Coat.

The colour pay off of this brand is absolutely stunning- two coats and you're done! The wear power could use some improvement as it chips usually by the third day but I find that's typical even for more expensive brands like Essie, OPI, and China Glaze. The top coat is really great from Revlon. I even find myself using this top coat when I'm using colours from other brands as it has really become my go to. 
I really love this colour for this time of the year. It's a good transition colour from autumn to winter without being a holiday/Christmas colour. 
I really love a good grey around this time of the year and these two have definitely been my go-tos. I love that Gray Suede is almost a nude. It's a really great combination of taupe, gray, brown, and mauve. Sophisticated is a really beautiful slate grey colour with a slight blue undertone that is really flattering on the nails.
For this nail look, I used Fashionista as a base with Penny Talk by Essie overtop. I wanted to test the layer-ability of the Revlon polish with another brand and also how well it would stay on when I removed my guide line tape. As you can se it turned out great! The polish didn't peel off with the tape and the Essie colour layered on smoothly and beautifully.

The only downside I have found with the Revlon nail enamels is that they don't come in the wide variety of shades that you are able to find from other brands. That aside, it's an absolutely amazing budget nail brand and has definitely become my go-to nail polish line!

What is your favourite brand for nail enamel? Have you tried Revlon nail enamel? If so, what'd you think? Please do let me know!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment