Tuesday 24 November 2015

10 Min, 10 Moves + Progress Update | Fitness

I have never been so busy as I am now that I'm in college- between school, work, and keeping the apartment clean there seems to be no time left to keep up with my fitness. Because of this lack of time, I have put together a ten minute workout that I do every morning as soon as I wake up!

My ten minute workout is only ten moves- go hard for 40 seconds, then rest/switch to the next move for 20 seconds. It's a quick workout that gets your heart rate up and your muscles burning!

10 Minutes, 10 Moves
1. High knees
2. Front kicks
3. Butt kickers
4. Mountain climbers
5. Plank walk star
6. Spider plank
7. Jumping jacks
8. Bend and reach
9. Windmill
10. High knees

I think we can all admit to having a spare ten minutes during our day and spending it working out is a great option! Being healthy and active is so important- please always take care of yourself. My health and fitness journey has been on going since the beginning of 2014. The progress has been slow but steady and I'm very proud of how far I have come. I'm not showing these progress photos to brag in any way, I'm sharing them to hopefully inspire some of you who maybe aren't completely happy with your body or are thinking of making some changes. Taking your health and fitness seriously is 100% a lifestyle change and you can never go wrong by practicing self love.
 I'm really happy with all the progress I have made- I'm getting so close to where I want to be! I have lost 63 pounds- I'm sitting at 107.6 pounds- and have dropped from a size 12 to a size 2. But it's not about the numbers, it never has been, it's all about how I feel! I have more energy, I feel healthy, and my self confidence has improved immensely! If you are thinking about taking your fitness a little more seriously I HIGHLY recommend you do. When I started making my fitness and diet a priority, my life changed (get an idea of my diet in my last What I Eat In A Day post). My decision to practice self love in this way was one of the best choices I have ever made.  
I wanted to throw in this little side by side to show you all the importance of posture- a hunch back adds about 10 pounds haha. Spending the majority of my time either sitting in class or sitting at my desk doing homework/photo editing has taken it's toll on my posture. I have been doing the exercises from the Blogilates Perfect Posture video and it really is starting to make a difference. 

I hope by sharing my progress I will inspire some of you to make your health and fitness a priority. How do you make a healthy lifestyle work for your busy schedule?

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment