Saturday 10 October 2015

Staying Motivated | Saturday Series: Fit-Spiration 5 of 6

Hello lovely, bit of a late post today but I'm enjoying being at home for Thanksgiving- keep your eyes peeled for a future post about it! This week's topic for fit-spiration is staying motivated! I feel like starting a fitness plan is the easy part, but sticking to it for the long-term is where things get more difficult. Today I'm going to share with you my 5 top tips for staying motivated!
1. Have cute workout clothes
There's something about a cute pair of yoga pants that really gets me excited about working out! Find clothes that you're excited to wear and also that you feel comfortable in! Dressing the part really does help get you in the mind set for a good workout.
 2. Find a plan that works for you
Saying that you're going to go to the gym 3 times a week is all well and good... until you realize that you can't get to the gym three times per week. For me, working out at home is the best option. I love the Sworkit app so much! Another thing I've been doing recently is keeping these exercises on paper in a mug, choosing out 10 exercises every day and making a circuit to do 3 times over. 
 3. Track your progress
Setting mini-goals to accomplish every few weeks or so and rewarding yourself now and then is a great way to stay motivated! I keep track of my progress by taking photos of myself in the same spot and in the same outfit then comparing them side by side in this book. I also write down my body measurements once per month. I stray away from using weight as a progress tracker because it tends to get me discouraged. 
4. Stay inspired 
Finding new, healthy recipes is something that really helps me to stay motivated. Reading fitness based magazines also really helps my motivation; seeing other women kicking ass makes me want to kick ass too!
5. Make it a lifestyle
Incorporating fitness into your every day life is a great way to stay motivated to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Beyond the little things like walking places and taking the stairs, I love getting outside and hiking around my neighbourhood. It's good cardio but really doesn't feel like a chore at all!

I hope this post will help you to stay motivated on your fitness journey! What helps you to stay motivated?

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment