Friday 9 October 2015

Bronze Eyes for Autumn | Beauty

It seems like it's been absolutely ages since I wrote a post about beauty and boy have I missed it! Now that school is in and I'm so busy all the time, my makeup routine doesn't stray too much from my go-to 5 minute face. 
However, now that it's officially Autumn, I have been loving a more gold/bronze look to go with the season. I'm not a fan of lipstick for a few reasons. 1. I haven't found a single colour that doesn't look weird against my skin tone, 2. I hate the feeling of it on my lips, 3. I end up being paranoid the whole time I'm wearing it that it will be on my teeth. Since I'm not a lipstick fan I can't get on the berry lips bandwagon. Instead, I like to focus on changing up my eye look for the seasons and just leaving my lips neutral the majority of the time. For Autumn makeup I've been really inspired by LoeyLaneTanya Burr, and of course Zoella. I've kind of combined all the looks together to create my own Autumn eye makeup, which is what I'm going to share with you today!
To get this look, I used my trusted favourite palette: Smashbox Full Exposure. I really love the quality of the product; the shadows are incredibly pigmented and easy to blend out. I highly rate Smashbox shadows!
To start I used an Eco-Tools shader brush (a) to apply the cream colour (1) as a wash over my whole lid. This sort of primes the eye and covers any veining I have. I then used the pinky brown (2) colour over the whole lid again, as a base colour on the same brush.
The magic starts to happen at this stage- applying the shimmers! I used the lightest gold (3) shade on the inner half of the lid, and on the outer half of my lid I used the shimmer just one shade darker (4). For this I used my Eco-Tools shadow brush (b).
I used a fluffy Eco-Tools shadow brush (c), and took a mixture of the darkest chocolate brown (5) and the medium brown (6) for the outer corner and crease. Using my blending brush (d) I blended everything together to soften it up and make sure there weren't any harsh colour transitions. I also used the excess off that brush to bring the colour down under my lower lash line to balance the eye.
For finishing touches, I used my Real Techniques detailer brush (e) with the black shadow (7) to line my upper lash line and the very outer corner of my eye. I then used the lightest champagne colour (8) on the Eco-Tools shadow brush again (b) to highlight my inner corner and under my brow bone. 
The final step was to curl my lashes and apply my holy grail mascara; CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume in the waterproof formula!
I'm really digging this look! I think it's super nice for fall and the warm browns, golds, and bronzes make my blue eyes pop. 
For the rest of my face I used:
I really hope you liked this Autumnal makeup look! Let me know your thoughts in the comments. What makeup colours do you go to for Fall?

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment