Tuesday 1 September 2015

August: Sworkit, Shawn Mendes, Sappy Moments + More! | Monthly Favourites

Not only was August an incredibly busy month for me, but it was also a month where I made quite a few new discoveries! Here are my August favourites:
TV Show: I have been OBSESSED with Rookie Blue lately (no not just because everyone is incredibly good looking). I love the story line and the fast paced action of the show. I'm not usually a fan of cop shows, but this one I really love. I also really like that it's a Canadian show- filmed in Toronto!
Movie: Ladies, get your tissues ready. I don't want to give any spoilers so all I will tell you is that the movie is a romance between a cowboy from North Carolina and a college girl from New York. There is a parallel storyline about an elderly couple that ties in beautifully with these young and unlikely lovers. WATCH THIS MOVIE! I honestly loved it so so much; it will leave you feeling every type of emotion.
Music: I have become a huge fan of Shawn Mendes lately. I remember really loving Life of the Party last summer and now recently I am adoring all of his music- especially Stitches.
Book: John Green is a novel-writing genius! This is only the second novel of his I've read (I also read- and loved- The Fault In Our Stars) but I'm hooked on him. Paper Towns is the best novel I've read all summer, possibly all year thus far. I absolutely love the story and I highly recommend adding this to your reading list. 
Fitness: I'm always looking for new workouts and this app has been such a God-send this month as it really has been so hectic and busy! You start by choosing a category then choose from said category which workout you'd like to do and where you'd like to target. You can set the time of the workout which is really handy! I also love that each exercise is only 30 seconds so you never get bored, and there is a gif of a person doing the exercise so you're never at a loss when it comes to fitness vocab. Your exercise choices from this app include:
Strength: full body, upper body, core strength, lower body
Cardio: light warm up, full intensity, plyometics jump cardio, boot camp
Yoga: sun salutation, full sequence, yoga for runners, pilates
Stretching: head to toe warm up stretch, full body, standing only, back strengthening
Food: I've always liked yogurt but I would never say it was one of my favourite foods. I am now a changed woman. I love plain greek yogurt! I think what I love most about it is the creamy texture and the sour flavour- I haven't been a yogurt fanatic mainly because it's typically really sweet. Athentikos by Astro also has 12g of protein per 1/2 cup which is amazing!
Random: I'm a huge proponent of oral hygiene- there's nothing more off putting than seeing someone with fuzzy teeth. My biggest dental downfall, however, has been that I hate the feeling of floss between my teeth (I can't even explain to you how uncomfortable it makes me feel) and so would only floss about once a week. After discussing this with my dentist- who reprimanded me at my check up for having inflamed gums due to lack of flossing- introduced these little guys to me. Let me tell you they're a life saver if you don't like to floss! They remove the plaque and such from between your teeth and stimulate your gums, which is exactly what dental floss does, but without the nasty feeling of that irritating string.
Random: I'm a huge junkee for organization. I recently got a new planner that is a little bigger than my old one. I like that I can fit everything in it without it looking crowded. The colour scheme is really pretty but doesn't overwhelm the eye- it's simple. The front and back covers are also gorgeous and it has a really handy conversion chart in the back!
Random: I have been seeing these 'adult' colouring books quite a bit lately and decided I would cave and buy one for myself. I really do enjoy it so much! Colouring the mandalas in this book is so methodical and calming- I'm totally hooked. 
Moment: Whilst on a run this month a sun shower broke out. It felt amazing to be running  through the rain on such a hot day. After it stopped raining, an absolutely stunning rainbow spread across the sky (with a faint double rainbow). It made the run so much more enjoyable and seemed to give me an extra little burst of energy- I made my best time!
Personal: We got a new dog! Duke came into our family on August 2nd and we all immediately fell in love with him. He is a great dane- he weighs more than I do and stands taller than I do on his hind legs haha. He is the perfect bike ride buddy, he actually keeps up! He's also incredibly cuddly and super adorable.  
Personal: What a bitter sweet experience to have all my favourite people gathered together but to know this is the last time I will see them until Christmas. I was so touched that my mom organized a farewell party for me and that all my family and closest friends took the time out of their schedules to come and wish me well. 

As September begins I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life. It's going to be hard to be away from my family but as I sit in my new apartment in Ottawa writing this favourites post I know that everything will turn out the way it's meant to and that I will definitely be okay. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my August favourites- it certainly was such an amazing month. I said goodbye to all the people I love and to my old life, and now I am just starting this new life in a new city and I can't wait to share the journey with you.

What have you been loving this month? Do you have any of the same favourites?

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment