Saturday 15 August 2015

Freshman Goals | Saturday Series: Back To School 1 of 4

So in my blog re-vamp post I forget to mention a new set of posts that I am adding to my blog! On Saturdays I will be doing series- a collection of posts all under one topic. The series will typically span over 4-6 weeks (give or take haha) and will only be on Saturdays!

I've decided to start with a back to school series since that time of the year is coming up so freakin' quickly!

Firstly guys, look how pretty my school is; where I will be attending classes is in the photo! After an entire year off school I am finally going back to college! I'm so excited to be in the classroom again starting in September- I really do enjoy school. I'm excited for this new chapter in my life at a new school in a new city!

For my first back to school post in my back to school series I decided to share with you my goals for freshman year!

1. Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA: I'm sure that I can achieve this goal and probably do even better than that as I do know that I am a smart person. I'm setting this goal for myself because when it comes to school, I tend to stop going to a class or stop putting effort in if I'm not interested. I want to make sure that this year I put effort into every class I'm taking and reach my full potential, even if I'm not completely interested.

2. Join an extracurricular club: I'm quite an introverted and shy person by nature and so joining groups and clubs has always been such an intimidating thought to me. I want to get involved in a club or group that I'm interested in- not only will this help me to get out of my comfort zone and meet people, but it will also give me an escape from the stress of school and such.

3. Maintain my fitness: As it is now, I workout everyday at least for 20 minutes. Once school starts I know I will be busier and may have less time to workout, but I want to make sure that I do a workout at least 3 times a week as well as make healthier choices like taking the stairs or walking to and from the college instead of taking the bus.

4. Stay organized: I'm quite an organized person as it is, but I tend to struggle with managing stress. When I get stressed my mind becomes a mess and my surroundings soon follow. I want to keep my belongings and time organized to hopefully reduce the stress I will experience.

5. Hand in all assignments on time: I don't think this one will be too much of an issue for me but I'm setting this goal because I'm definitely a perfectionist. I'm not a procrastinator; I tend to take a lot more time on things than other people might because I want my final result to be perfect. I want to make sure that I hand in all my assignments even if I'm not 100% satisfied with it at the due date. Handing in something is better than getting frustrated and handing in nothing.

6. Find a part time job: I don't really need to work during school because I have worked my butt off this past year and have saved all the money I need for a year. I want to work because, again, it's something to do. I don't want to be in a new city away from my family and end up spending loads of time in my apartment being my anti-social self. I think it will be really good for me to have a reason to leave my place other than for school. Plus extra money is always handy as a student.

7. Make a new close friend: All my life I have been the type of person to have a few close friends, not loads of acquaintances. I want to have a close friend in Ottawa that I know will always be there for me as my friends here are. 

8. Join the student's association: Much like joining a club, joining the student's association will really help me to get out of my shell. I also think joining the student's association is a good idea as far as future opportunities; I can become a student ambassador or freshman co-ordinator which would be a great opportunity and look really good on my resume.

9. Be responsible with my money: I'm quite worried that (because I'm obsessed with shopping) I will get too excited by all the stores and malls in Ottawa and waste away all my money. In relation to the part time job, if I do get one that money will be my splurge money and all the money I've saved to this point will be for serious things like tuition, rent, groceries etc.

10. Enjoy every second of my college experience: This one is huge for me. College is only two years and then after that I'm out in the world working and settling down. I want to make sure that this last little hurrah at my young life is the best it can be and that I enjoy every moment.

Do you have any goals for this school year? Do let me know!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment