Sunday 23 August 2015

18. The Weather | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

This time of the year holds my favourite type of weather- windy, warm days with cool, brisk evenings. Beginning of fall is such a beautiful time all around, but my favourite part is definitely the weather (okay, the fashion). I love that when the days get cooler I can start layering my clothes more and start wearing my cozy leggings with big, knit sweaters, cute heeled boots, and amazing scarves! This really is my favourite time of the year for so many reasons, but I do believe that it's mainly the weather- it puts me in such a pleasant and calm mood.
With this time of the year also comes more rain; I love the rain. I love putting on my rubber boots, grabbing my umbrella and going out in the rain for a walk. Or, sitting inside with a cup of hot chocolate and just watching the rain come down. 
I find so much peace and contentment within the rain which is slightly odd as a lot of people associate the rain with a more depressed state. 
This time of the year also means that the snow is soon to fall- we usually get our first snow fall around here by the end up September/beginning of October. I absolutely love the snow and the cold that comes along with fall/winter. 

This weeks gratitude topic could not have come at a better time. As the summer draws to an end and the cooler months approach, I am really taking in the weather. I'm lucky enough to live in a country where summer doesn't last too long (although I do enjoy summer) so we get a lot more cool months than we do warm.

What is your favourite weather? Are you excited for fall/winter? Do let me know!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment