Sunday 16 August 2015

17. Something You Take For Granted | 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

I'm a family girl through and through, that's for sure. I love spending time with my family and I try my best to put them above anyone else. I love them so much, but I definitely take them for granted. 

Realizing that I'm moving over nine hours away in less than three weeks has really caused me to think about everything deeply and take notice of the things I will miss most. I know that I can live without my family; I will survive. But I don't want to. I love waking up in the morning and knowing that they're in the house. I love that they're around if I want to go walking with someone, or chill at home and watch a movie, or go out and run errands. They're always here... they're always here for me.

It's setting in that I won't be so close with them once I move away. It's quite sad for me to think about how our relationship will never be the same again. It may still be just as strong, but it won't be the same. 

I've definitely taken our closeness for granted. Having them around is something I've gotten really used to and I'm not sure how well I'll cope with adjusting to them not being around all the time. I'm definitely going to spend the last 2 weeks I have here showing my genuine love and appreciation toward them.

Is there anything you take for granted? Leave a comment discussing it and make sure that you show your appreciation toward whatever or whoever it is you're taking for granted.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment