Friday 10 July 2015

Food Friday | July 10, 2015

What I Ate...

Breakfast

No surprise here... I had oatmeal cooked in 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup water. I topped it with cinnamon and dark chocolate. (I really need to find something else for breakfast ha ha!)

Lunch

I ate lunch at work and so had to bring something along with me that I could make on the spot. I diced tomatoes and seasoned them with basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I also diced some old cheddar cheese placed everything on a piece of 12 grain bread from Country Harvest and microwaved it for 2 minutes. It came out so delicious- like a homemade bruschetta bread! 

Dinner

I actually made dinner tonight and I really surprised myself with how delicious it was. I took the risk of barbecuing and as you can see, I didn't burn anything! I made bacon wrapped chicken drumsticks, spaghetti with a homemade marinara, and then romaine lettuce on the side with some oil and vinegar. 

Bonus Recipes!

Chicken: For the chicken I seasoned it with garlic, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and onion powder. I then wrapped the drumsticks in bacon and secured the bacon with a toothpick. It took about 20 minutes on the barbecue to cook these all the way through- they were super juicy and delicious.
Marinara sauce: For the sauce I used a can of tomato paste and a can of diced tomatoes. I seasoned the sauce with fresh herbs from my moms garden including basil, oregano, and parsley. I also used fresh garlic, white onions, and salt and pepper. I let the sauce simmer on the stove top for about 2 hours to allow the flavours to really come to life.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment