Sunday 21 June 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge | June 21, 2015

9. How Did You Do and How Did You Feel


So last week the challenge was to give thanks to three people and this week is the follow up to that. I think I did an alright job at expressing my gratitude to three people in my life. I'm not the most upfront person nor am I emotional so I had a fear going into the challenge that the three people I was expressing gratitude toward would just laugh me off with something along the lines of, "haha okay Kate, thanks" but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. 

In regards to how I felt, I think the best word to describe it would be relief. Once I got it off my chest just how grateful I am to have them in my life it felt like I didn't have anything to hide anymore. I spend a lot of time masking my emotions that anytime I'm vulnerable I get quite scared. Letting people know how I feel actually allowed me to feel lighter, if you will. I really recommend telling people around you how grateful you are for them. It's like releasing yourself from a secret in the best way possible.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're doing this! I'm not very up front with emotions as well, it's definitely something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think this challenge is really paying off with my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete