Friday 15 May 2015

Food Friday | May 15, 2015

My Go-To Lunch

Lunch is one of my favourite meals of the day (probably because it's one of my biggest ha ha ha). I try to wack in a bunch of vegetables and protein into my lunches to get me through until dinner. 


This is what I ate for lunch just yesterday! I use about 11/2 - 2 cups of romaine lettuce for every salad as that's my favourite type of lettuce. I then add some meat (usually leftovers) to my salad. Yesterday we had no leftover meat in the fridge so I fried up some bacon (good excuse to eat bacon eh? ha ha ha). I then added some skim milk mozzarella cheese cubes. I topped it with some canola oil and white vinegar. It's delicious with the crisp lettuce, warm bacon, and slightly melty mozzarella! This lunch provides protein, vitamins, and calcium.


My other go to lunch is 2 poached eggs on 12 grain toast with some sort of veg. Again, I like romaine lettuce with some oil and vinegar on top. But, I also really like to heat up some frozen Green Giant vegetables. Frozen vegetables are good because they're picked at their ripest and then frozen. They are still jam packed with all their vitamins and nutrients like they were if you picked them yourself. Although in season, fresh veg is always best, frozen will get you through those times when fresh just isn't an option (about 8 months of the year up here in Canada ha ha ha), plus they aren't having to be imported from somewhere else. This lunch is full of vitamins, protein, and good cholesterol.

I hope you enjoy these lunch ideas and if you have any suggestions of how I can mix this up a bit do let me know!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment