Sunday 31 May 2015

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge | May 31, 2015

6. The City You Live In


I am so blessed to live in Northern Ontario, Canada. This photo is my back yard in the fall time. We have quite a large back yard in a residential area. Our backyard is something I'm so grateful for as I love doing sprint sets back there, I love the huge trees (there's more to the left of the photo frame), I love that we have a swing. The thing I love most about our backyard is that it's so big that our family loves to come over for barbecues. We all sit around the patio furniture and eat off a potluck buffet that we set up in the garage and it makes for a really wonderful time with all my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc.


These two photos were both taken at my old primary school grounds which is only a five minute walk from my house. I'm so grateful that in my city every school has a play ground structure as well as lots of grass and trees. I've always loved to immerse myself in nature and I'm grateful that my city allowed that to happen every day at school.

I took these photos in the down town area of the city. The bridge is actually the International Bridge that connects my city to America. The sunsets are gorgeous. It's always so nice to walk the boardwalk down town in the evening. There is also foot trails along a little island that is only about 12km around. It's always so fun to walk underneath the International Bridge as well as walk over the locks that the boats travel through.


These two photos were taken at two different locations within my city. Both places are ones I visit quite regularly. I'm very blessed to be surrounded by nature. There is a bike/foot path that goes around the entire circumference of my city and these two spots are on that path. I love taking my bike out on the path in the summer and enjoying the full 25km of beauty that is my city. 


Another thing I love about my city is that the highway goes right through it, which means there is another (equally as beautiful) town or little area only an hour away in every direction. Our highway drives are filled with big fields and rolling hills (as pictured on the right). The photo on the left shows my camp. It is only a 45 minute drive away but it feels like a different world. That's the beauty of living in Northern Ontario!

My city is something I'm so grateful for, I love living in Canada. Everywhere I turn I see beauty. I only wish I could find my memory card with the waterfalls by my house on it to share with you!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment