Thursday 9 April 2015

Throwback Thursday | April 9, 2015

Daddy

I know that there are a lot of girls out there who absolutely adore their dad. There are so many "daddy's girls" and its beautiful to see since the statistics about fathers nowadays are not always positive. My dad means a little something extra to me because he chose to be my dad. Before I was even born my biological father was very absent and so my mom had to leave him (he had no problem with that at all). I suppose maybe he got into a little more than he had bargained for by having a child. 

When I was around one my mom met Bill. Not too long after meeting they started dating and she introduced him to me. My mom said we clicked instantly. They got married in May of 1998, when I was three years old and are still together to this day. My mom didn't keep her prior marriage a secret from Bill, so he knew that my father didn't exactly exist in my life as he had never even met me. After they were married, Bill asked my mom if it would be alright if he legally adopted me and became my father. I'm am so blessed and grateful that she said yes because I now have the absolute best dad in the world. I know a lot of kids say that about their parent(s) at one point or another, but I mean it with every fiber of my being. He is so compassionate, and understanding, and loving; he is everything I could ever dream a father to be. 

This photo means so much to me. As you can see he has no wedding band on his finger; this photo was taken before he married my mom and before he adopted me. He was my dad far before it was legal and he will be my dad for the entirety of my existence. I dream of the day he walks me down the aisle and dances with me on my wedding day. I love you daddy.

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment