Monday 6 April 2015

Make Me Up Monday | April 6, 2015

Favourite Skin Care Brand

When I was 15 I started suffering from quite terrible acne and it seemed nothing could help it at all. Now when I say terrible acne I don't mean my face was absolutely covered in spots, I mean I would get the type of pimples that were big and white and extremely painful. I tried so many different brands of acne treatments. I used products that contained benzyl peroxide and others that used salicylic acid and everything only seemed to be making it worse. My doctor began treatment options by putting me on a birth control pill, which unfortunately didn't help. He then tried me on a prescription medication for acne with a topical treatment called Tactuo. Still didn't help.

When I was 18 I finally decided to see a skin care professional and got an assessment on my skin. She informed me that not only did I have extremely sensitive skin, but I also have extremely dry skin. My acne was a result of my skin craving moisture (didn't even know that was a thing!). She advised me to stop all acne treatments and to stop using drugstore face washes for a while as my skin needed some serious TLC. Her recommendation was to use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Let me tell you, my world was changed. 

When I first used the moisturizer it hurt a lot; I didn't realise how dry my skin truly was! It was a kin to when your hands get super chapped in the winter and then you go to put on your hand cream and it stings for a few minutes, but afterward you feel so much relief. I was completely unaware that my face hurt so much because it was so dry. 

Clinique has since become my all time favourite brand for skin care products. My three holy grail products are the Clinique Facial Soap in skin type 1, Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and Clinique All About Eyes. The facial soap is a bar (which I really didn't think I would like but now LOVE). It's only $17.00 for the bar and the case it comes in. It's so economical because it lasts soooo long and you need the smallest amount to wash your whole face. Skin type 1 is designed for extremely dry skin. I find that this soap is very gentle and doesn't dry out my skin at all. My skin feels so fresh after I wash it with this soap, I just love it. The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is an absolute dream. It costs only $23.00 for 125ml. When I use this I take a pea sized amount onto my finger and apply it onto my skin while it's still a little bit damp. It is by far the best moisturizer I have ever used and the bottle lasts for a really long time. The only downside I can think of for this moisturizer is that it takes a little while to soak in to the skin. I combat this issue by washing and moisturizing before breakfast, then by the time I'm finished eating my skin is ready for makeup. The third product that I absolutely love is the All About Eyes. After applying my moisturizer I put on this eye cream; it feels like I am rubbing satin under my eyes. At $37.00 a tin it's the most expensive product but still worth it. I honestly use hardly any of this at a time. Usually whatever is in the lid is more than enough. It's excellent at reducing dark circles and puffiness under the eyes as well as adding a little extra moisture to such a delicate area. 

Clinique is definitely my go to brand for anything skin care related. I do use many more of their products, but these are my favourites and the ones I use on a daily basis and they have worked to clear up my acne and to restore some much needed moisture into my skin. Some may think it would be dramatic to say this brand changed my life, but it seriously has. Having skin that you are proud of not only saves you money on tonnes of makeup products, but boosts your confidence infinitely. If you are having problems with your skin please do see a professional because you shouldn't have to live in shame of your skin. 
Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment