Monday 20 April 2015

Make Me Up Monday | April 20, 2015

Everyday Make-up Routine

Just like to put out a little disclaimer that I am not a makeup expert, and I'm not claiming to be, this is just what I like to wear on my face on a daily basis. I prefer a light coverage, very natural look, I hope you like it!

Face Brushes

From left to right there is the real techniques buffing brush, Eco Tools stippling brush, Real Techniques face contour brush, and Eco Tools blush brush. 

Face Products

After my moisturizer I use my Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser by Maybelline as a primer (not photographed). I then go in with my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer to help hide my under eye circles, any redness, and any spots I have. I dot that on and then blend it in to my skin using the Real Techniques buffing brush. I then use my Eco Tools stippling brush to press my NYX powder foundation onto my skin. I add some warmth to my face using the Real Techniques contour brush and the Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzer. Finishing off the face products, I use my Eco Tools blush brush and apply Ooh baby! pink by Revlon to the apples of my cheeks.

Brows and Highlight

I fill in my brows using the pencil end of the Revlon Brow Fantasy in brunette and then lock them into place with the brown gel on the opposite end of that. I use the highlight only out of this L'Oreal duo. I apply it with my finger above my cheek bones and on my brow bone.

Eye Brushes

From left to right again, I have the Eco Tools eye brow/eye lash brush, the Smashbox eye shadow brush, the Eco Tools fluffy shadow brush, the Real Techniques detailing brush, and the Eco Tools blend and smudge brush.

Eye Shadow

I could rave about this palette for hours, but instead I will just tell you how I use it on a daily basis. To start I just brush through my eyebrows to make sure they're how I'd like them and I brush through my lashes to make sure they aren't tangled and there's no face powder in them. I then use the fluffy end of the Smashbox brush and the cream colour in the bottom row (fourth from the left) and apply that on my whole lid as a primer almost. I have found doing this helps to block out the veins in my eyes. I go in with the shimmer directly above, and using the other end of the Smashbox brush I pack that shimmer shadow onto my eye lid, concentrating mainly on the inner half of the lid and inner corner. After that I use the fluffy shadow brush from Eco Tools and use the dark brown colour on the bottom left for the outer portion of my eye and in the crease. I use the same dark brown shadow to line my eyes using the Real Techniques detailing brush. The final step in this stage is to use the blending end of the last Eco Tools brush to blend the eye shadow so it doesn't look so clowny and segmented on my lid, and then to use the smudging end of the brush to smudge the shadow line so it's not so intense.

Final Touches

After curling my lashes, I go in with my Covergirl LashBlast Volume. I use the waterproof formula for a couple reasons, 1. I like it better than the regular formula, I find it clumps less and helps hold the curl of my lash better and 2. I have awful allergies and sneeze all year round, I don't want to have to worry about my mascara smudging on top of all the other gross things that come along with a sneezing fit (it's not attractive). And the absolute last thing I do on a daily basis is use my Baby Lips Dr. Rescue by Maybelline. 

This is the final look of my every day makeup. I really like how natural it is and how neutral it is. This look is quite versatile as you can change the whole essence with a lip colour or an outfit. I also like that it looks good with my glasses (since I can't really see without them). I hope you enjoyed my every day makeup routine!

Thanks for reading, xo, Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. I love Real Techniques brushes for base products! Great post!

    ReplyDelete