Friday 22 July 2016

Beach Bummin' It | Tips + Photo Diary

I don't know about you, but as soon as the temperature is above twenty two degrees Celsius and the sun is out I just want to spend every waking second at the beach! As a self proclaimed 'beach bum', I have become somewhat of a professional with having successful beach trips! Today I'm going to share with you a few tips for a perfect beach day!
Tip number one is obviously to check the weather prior to going out. Once you've determined it's a good day to be a beach bum, the next step is to pack a bag full of essentials. For me, the beach means no makeup; however, I always bring a chapstick with SPF in it. In my beach bag, I always pack sunglasses, a towel, my beach rug+pillow, a good book and a bottle of water. Birkenstocks are my footwear of choice when heading off to the beach.
I always like to wear a summer dress over my bikini when heading to the beach. This helps me to avoid those strange lines that shorts can leave on your tummy. Not to mention that awkward moment when you go to take your shorts off and your bikini bottoms start to come along off with them!
The next tip I have is just lounge! Catch some rays and soak in that vitamin D. I don't personally use sunscreen but I do make sure I eat plenty of sun blocking foods the day before I have beach plans. This includes tomatoes, carrots, dark chocolate, and tuna. If I see my skin beginning to get pink I throw on a light cotton beach cover up.
My gorgeous best friend, Logan, who came along with me to the beach was kind enough to be my golden hour model while I played around with my camera. How stunning is she!? There's nothing better than some sunset pictures on the beach.
Then she decided to try her hand at it. After a quick briefing in photography she snapped these shots of me!
This impromptu photoshoot leads me to my last beach bum tip: bring your bestie. There's nothing better than lounging in the sun with your best girlfriend and talking each other's ear off about everything and anything!

I hope you all are getting to the beach as much as possible this summer! Do you have any beach related tips? Do let me know!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment