Friday 6 May 2016

Gluten Free Pizza Recipe | Food Friday

About six months ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease which has meant that I am now forced to live a gluten free lifestyle. It's not hard to be gluten free, per se; there's tonnes of stuff on the market that is gluten free. The difficulty has come because of my other food allergies- anaphylaxis to fruit and nuts. The majority of gluten free foods are made with fruit and/or nuts. 

This has meant that I've been experimenting in the kitchen. I've been trying to find good recipes and alternatives for everything from bread to cookies to crackers and beyond.

One thing I was really missing was a good pizza. Making your own dough is easy, but gluten free dough never seems to be right. It either tastes funny or the texture is all wrong. 

I've finally found a pizza base recipe that is absolutely delicious that I want to share with you guys! This pizza base is reminiscent of a thin and crispy crust pizza, not a thick or soft crust my any means. It's my favourite type of pizza crust!

So here it is:
To make this delicious pizza base I used a combination of oat flour and rice flour. As a binder I used a combination of eggs and mozzarella cheese. I seasoned the dough with black pepper and salt.

This dough has to be baked for about twelve to fifteen minutes before you assemble the pizza. I used homemade pizza sauce, corn, and mozzarella cheese to top my pizza. I then put it back in the oven for another fifteen minutes. 
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe- if you try it let me know what you think! Also if you have any gluten free recipes/resources leave a comment below!

Thanks for reading & check back again to see what KatieDidd, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment